As a dog owner, dog grooming is one of your pet’s most basic needs. Just as with people, dogs need physical maintenance to look and feel their best. Luckily, dogs do not need to be bathed as often as humans do, but as a responsible pet parent you do need to learn what your canine’s needs are and stick to a schedule. In general, the dog grooming needs of your loved one will depend upon its breed and hair type.
Basic Grooming Needs
Hairy Paws Day Center wants to make sure that your dog grooming experience makes everyone happy. Keeping your pet healthy is also very important. That is why we provide the following services:
- Hair Brushing – Most dogs enjoy being brushed. We will make sure to use the correct brush on your dog’s hair type.
- Nail Trimming – Many canines hate having their nails trimmed and if cut too short, your pet will experience pain. Our professional staff will assure your companions safety and provide a friendly environment for the trimming.
- Bathing – We will bathe your dog correctly, providing a positive experience for your pooch. Most should be bathed monthly and we use shampoo that is intended for your dog. If needed, we provide shampoos specific to your dog’s skin and coat.
- Ear Care – Your dog’s ears can be a haven for bacteria and yeast if not kept clean. Routine ear cleaning should be performed during each monthly bath.
- Haircuts – If your dog has hair that continuously grows, such as a Poodle or Shih Tzu, you should expect the need for a haircut every 2-4 weeks.
The overall cost for animal grooming is based on the size and condition of your pet. Prices include:
• Nail Trimming
• Expressing Anal Glands
• Ear Cleaning
• Cutting Hair
Specialized Baths & Tooth Brushing Available at an Additional Cost